UDFeed; universal design for learning and instruction: What tools do we use for supporting feedback from students? (completed)
About the project
The project “Universal design for learning and instruction: What tools do we use for supporting feedback from students?” (UDFeed) is a Universal Desing (Universell Utforming) project at UiO, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Institute of Informatics (Ifi).
The project is funded by Universell, the National Coordinator of Accessibility of Higher Education in Norway.
On behalf of the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research, and the Norwegian Royal Ministry of Children and Equality, Universell allocates incentive funds for increasing competences about Universal Design (UD) as a concept within Higher Education (HE).
UDFeed is one of the projects that got external funding in December 2017, and to be implemented during 2018 and 2019.
Three master students are involved in this project.
Amongst the objectives of the projects are:
- to develop teaching and learning material on Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Instruction (UDI);
- to create an arena for new interdisciplinary collaborations;
- to increase awareness on UDI/UDL at the Department of Informatics (Ifi), and hence contribute to both increased competences of the employees, and ultimately to the teaching quality;
- and to explore ways of getting feedback from students, in different learning situations.
The expected outcome of the project is to create teaching and learning material on universal design for Ifi. Further, to establish arenas for collaboration on the topic of Universal Design.
- Workshop on Inclusion at the NordiCHI conference
- Bachelor courses for all study programs: IN1030 systemer, krav og konsekvenser, IN2000 systemarbeid med prosjektarbeide
- Courses for the study program: Informatikk: Design, use and interaction: IN2020 metoder i interaksjonsdesign, IN5510 Deltagende, eksperimentell design, IN1050 introduksjon til design, bruk, interaksjon INF3272 informasjonsarkitektur og innholdsadministrasjon
- Master thesis project
- The project continues under the name: IN-KLU. IN-KLU has so far had a competition on making a podcast about Universal Design. The winning podcast is available on SoundCloud (available only in Norwegian).
The project is funded by Universell, the National Coordinator of Accessibility of Higher Education in Norway. Out of 18 applications, UDFeed is one of the few projects that got funded.