The PhD defence will be partially digital, in Kristen Nygaards sal (5370), Ole-Johan Dahls hus and streamed directly using Zoom. The host of the session will moderate the technicalities while the chair of the defence will moderate the disputation.
Ex auditorio questions: the chair of the defence will invite the attending audience at Kristen Nygaards sal to ask ex auditorio questions.
Friday December 2nd, 2022, 10:15 AM, Kristen Nygaards sal (5370), Ole-Johan Dahls hus / Zoom
Main research findings
- This dissertation first conducts a systematic literature review to analyze conducted research efforts on Semantic Attribute-Based Access Control (SABAC). Then, it proposes a Semantic Attribute-Based Encryption (SABE) framework, which is modular, generic, scalable, and extensible. Accordingly, two semantic-aware attribute-based encryption (ABE) schemes are proposed by augmenting an ABE scheme with semantic technologies. Next, the dissertation proposes Attribute-Based Encryption with enforceable OBligations (OBABE), a system for extending any classical ABE with enforceable obligations. In order to bring obligations in ABE schemes, a formal language for the specification of obligations and a system architecture having Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX) as the core component for enforcing obligations are provided. Finally, this dissertation presents a methodology for formal verification of access control policies based on the mCRL2 process algebra. The presented methodology is supported by a tool, XACML2mCRL2, that automatically transforms policies into formal specifications.
- Associate Professor Melek Önen, EURECOM, France
- Professor Vladimir Oleshchuk, University of Agder, Norway
- Associate Professor Amirhosein Taherkordi, University of Oslo, Department of Informatics, Norway
- Professor Christian Johansen, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- Professor Olaf Owe, Department of Informatics, University of Oslo
Chair of defence:
Associate Professor Ragnhild Kobro Runde
Candidate contact information: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hamedarshad/
Contact information at Department: Mozhdeh Sheibani Harat