Özgü Alay Erduran
I have received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in electrical and electronic engineering from Middle East Technical University, Turkey, and the Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from the Tandon School of Engineering, New York University, USA. She is currently an Associate Professor with the University of Oslo and Chief Research Scientist at Simula Metropolitan.
My research team focuses on the empirical characterization of mobile networks and, the design of novel protocols and applications for future mobile networks. More specifically, my research interests lie in the areas of experimental evaluation and characterization of mobile networks (e.g. 3G/4G/5G, Wifi and satellite), the design of novel multipath protocol extensions (e.g. MPTCP, MPQUIC) over heterogeneous mobile networks and design of robust multimedia (e.g. DASH and HEVC) transmission algorithms over mobile networks especially under challenging mobility scenarios.
Visit my personal website for more information on my research and projects.
- Schwind, Anika; Midoglu, Cise; Alay, Ozgu; Griwodz, Carsten & Wamser, Florian (2019). Dissecting the performance of YouTube video streaming in mobile networks. International Journal of Network Management. ISSN 1055-7148. s 1- 22 . doi: 10.1002/nem.2058
- Midoglu, Cise; Moulay, Mohamed; Mancuso, Vincenzo; Alay, Ozgu; Lutu, Andra & Griwodz, Carsten (2018). Open video datasets over operational mobile networks with MONROE, In Pablo Cesar; Michael Zink & Niall Murray (ed.), MMSys '18: Proceedings of the 9th ACM Multimedia Systems Conference. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). ISBN 978-1-4503-5192-8. Conference paper. s 426 - 431
- Midoglu, Cise; Wimmer, Leonhard; Lutu, Andra; Alay, Ozgu & Griwodz, Carsten (2018). MONROE-Nettest: A configurable tool for dissecting speed measurements in mobile broadband networks, In IEEE INFOCOM 2018 - IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS). IEEE Communications Society. ISBN 978-1-5386-5979-3. Conference paper. s 342 - 347
- Barik, Runa; Welzl, Michael; Ferlin, Simone & Alay, Ozgu (2016). LISA: A linked slow-start algorithm for MPTCP, In Stefano Bregni & Nelson Fonseca (ed.), IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2016). IEEE Communications Society. ISBN 978-1-4799-6664-6. Communication QoS, Reliability and Modeling.
- Ferlin, Simone; Alay, Ozgu; Dreibholz, Thomas; Hayes, David Andrew & Welzl, Michael (2016). Revisiting congestion control for multipath TCP with shared bottleneck detection. IEEE Infocom. Proceedings. ISSN 0743-166X. 2016-July . doi: 10.1109/INFOCOM.2016.7524599