My research is motivated by the need to protect environmental and human health from harmful chemicals.
More specifically, my scientific vision is to better understand and predict where persistent organic pollutants and other organic contaminants in the environment come from, where they go, how they behave and who they are.
Most research projects aim to provide environmental authorities as well as international conventions and programmes (e.g. UNEP) with scientific support in their effort to reduce further environmental exposure of harmful substances.
My main position is with the Norwegian Institute for Air Research (www.nilu.no).
- KJM5700 - Environmental Chemistry 2
- KJM1700 - Miljøkjemi
- BIOS5412 - Toxicants in Ecosystems and Humans: Exposure and Accumulation
- A chemical categorisation approach for LRTP assessment (CEFIC-LRI)
- Source-Exposure Relationships for Airborne Organic Contaminants of Emerging Concern in Northern Terrestrial and Freshwater Ecosystems (NFR-Miljøforsk)
- Development, Evaluation and Application of a Nested Exposure Assessment Model for Organic contaminants in the Nordic and Arctic Region (NFR-Miljøforsk)
- Are reductions in environmental burdens of industrial organic contaminants in rich countries acheice partly by export of toxic waste? (NFR-FRIHUMSAM)
- Integrated Modeling and Monitoring of Emerging Organic Contaminants in the Nordic Region (NFR-Miljø2015)