My research interests are synthetic organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry.
Currently I focus marine natural products and antimicrobial compounds as well as development of metodology for synthesis of complex heterocyclic compounds.
Bachelor students, including exchange students, are welcome to do undergraduate research (KJM3010 10 study points, KJM3020 20 study points or KJM3030 30 study points) in our group. We also welcome Ms exchange students.
- KJM3200 Organic chemistry II
- KJM5220 Heterocyclic chemistry
- KJM5230 Bioactive molecules
- KJM2010 - Undergraduate Research I
- KJM2020 - Undergraduate Research II
- KJM2030 - Undergraduate Research III
- Born Oslo 1963
- Ms. pharm., University of Oslo, 1987
- PhD. Dept. of Chem., University of Oslo, 1991
- Post doc. (Nato Science Fellow), Yale University, 1992
- Assoc. prof., Oslo University College, 1993-1996
- Assoc. prof., Dept. of Chem., Univ. of Oslo, 1996-2001
- Professor, Dept. of Chem., Univ. of Oslo, 2001-date
- Adjunct prof. (20% position), Dept. of Pharm., Univ. of Tromsø, 2004-2007
- Leader, Organic Chemistry Section, Department of Chemistry, University of Oslo (2014-)
- Group leader, Organic Chemistry research group, Department of Chemistry, University of Oslo (2011-3)
- Member of "Fagplankomiteen i kjemi", The Research Council of Norway (NFR) (2009-10).
- Member of the international scientific committee, European Symposia on Organic Chemistry (ESOC) (2009-).
- Member of the board; MBK study program, University of Oslo (2009-12).
- Group leader Synthesis and Molecular Structure research group, Department of Chemistry, University of Oslo (2008-).
- Reviewer Swedish post-graduate schools (2007-08).
- Norwegian delegate, EUCHEMs Organic Chemistry Division (2007-12).
- Member of the board, Department of Chemistry, University of Oslo (2005-12).
- Member of the board (Instituttstyret), SINTEF Materialer og Kjemi (2005-07).
- Leader of the board, Norwegian Chemical Society, division of organic chemistry (2003-06).
- Member of the board, Programme for Catalysis and Organic Synthetic Chemistry (KOSK), The Research Council of Norway (NFR) (1999-2003).