The Department of Chemistry's has a strategy that clarifies intentions and ambitions and thereby is guiding for decisions, measures, prioritizations of resources and daily practice. One premise for this is the University of Oslo's choice in terms of institutional profile (research university) and level of ambition (high international standard).
The academic strategy shall support the five main goals of the department's strategy plan:
- The Department of Chemistry shall promote pioneering research and education and be sought after as a national and international partner in cooperation
- The Department of Chemistry shall offer research-based education in line with the foremost international places of learning and have the country's best teacher training in chemistry
- The Department of Chemistry shall be visible, committed and responsible
- The Department of Chemistry shall be solution-oriented with the will to prioritize and the ability to procure and exploit opportunities
- The Department of Chemistry shall provide students and employees a good, challenging and safe environment including responsibility, influence and the opportunities for development
Current financing of research demands a larger degree of dynamics in the University system, and it is a goal that the academic strategy shall be developed continually.