Enhancing the career development of early-stage researches at the Centres of Excellence is important to the Hylleraas Centre. Here you find information about our initial project for career development: The Career Development Pilot Project (KUPP). See the final report for KUPP 2018 (in Norwegian)
The KUPP project was initiated by Trygve Helgaker, the leader of the Hylleraas Centre. Several past and present SFFs have made conscious efforts to implement various measures to provide good career support to young researchers, and a collaboration involving eight centres have now been established for a joint effort. The programme is developed in a cooperation between the leadership of the Hylleraas Centre and Senior Advisor Olaug Kristine Bringager at UiO.
The goal of KUPP is to:
- raise awareness about an SFF’s role, responsibilities, attitudes and targeted activities to support the career development of young researchers.
- clarify the activities, services and cultural norms in SFFs that will best support the success of young researchers and actively encourage their career responsibility.
- identify improvements and changes that should be tried out and/or introduced.
The target groups of the project are
- Leaders and senior researchers/principal investigators in past and present SFFs directly involved in support to young researchers
It includes two full-day seminars at Lysebu
- 1st Session: 30 October, from 09.00 to 18.00. Dinner at 19.30. Program and presentations can be found here.
- 2nd Session: 27 November, from 09:00 to 19:00. Dinner at 19.30. Program.
Here you can read more about KUPP.