David Peris Navarro
Dr. Peris has a Ph.D. in Biotechnology, in 2012 at University of Valencia. David Peris has a fungal evolutionary biology and biotechnological applications background. He is a postdoctoral researcher in University of Oslo to study mechanisms of speciation in fungal organisms, while continuing studying the generation of a particular group of fungi (yeasts) biodiversity, reticulate evolution, and the applications of yeasts to the industry.
Publications in google scholar
Papers reviewed in publons
1. Peris D , Alexander WG, Fisher KJ, Moriarty RV, Basuino MG, Ubbelohde EJ, Wrobel RL, Hittinger CT (2020). Synthetic hybrids of six species. Nature Communications 11 (1): 2085.
2. Langdon QK, Peris D , Baker ECP, Opulente DA, Nguyen HV, Bond U, Gonçalves P, Sampaio JP, Libkind D, Hittinger CT (2019). Fermentation innovation through complex hybridization of wild and domesticated yeasts. Nature Ecology and Evolution 3 (11): 1576-1586.
3. Li XC, Peris D , Hittinger CT, Sia Elaine A, Fay JC (2019). Mitochondria-encoded genes contribute to the evolution of heat and cold tolerance among Saccharomyces species. Science Advances 5 (1): eaav1848
4. Baker EC, Peris D , Moriarty RV, Li XC, Fay JC, Hittinger CT (2019). Mitochondrial DNA and thermal adaptation in industrial and synthetic lager-brewing yeast hybrids. Science Advances 5 (1): eaav1869.
5. Peris D (corresponsal), Pérez-Torrado R, Hittinger CT, Barrio E, Querol A (2014). On the origins and industrial applications of Saccharomyces cerevisiae x Saccharomyces kudriavzevii hybrids. Yeast 35 (1): 51-69.
Sorribes-Daudén, Raquel; Peris, David; Martínez-Pastor, María Teresa & Puig, Sergi (2020). Structure and function of the vacuolar Ccc1/VIT1 family of iron transporters and its regulation in fungi. Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal. ISSN 2001-0370. 18, p. 3712–3722. doi: 10.1016/j.csbj.2020.10.044.
Gonzalez Flores, Melisa; Rodríguez, María Eugenia; Peris, David; Querol, Amparo; Barrio, Eladio & Lopes, Christian Ariel (2020). Human-associated migration of Holarctic Saccharomyces uvarum strains to Patagonia. Fungal ecology. ISSN 1754-5048. 48, p. 1–11. doi: 10.1016/j.funeco.2020.100990. Full text in Research Archive
Peris, David; Lu, Dabao Sun; Kinneberg, Vilde Bruhn; Methlie, Ine-Susanne Hopland; Dahl, Malin Stapnes & James, Timothy Y. [Show all 8 contributors for this article] (2021). Northern hemisphere fungal specimens unravel dynamic and polymorphic nature of mating loci.
Peris, David; Alexander, William G; Fisher, Kaitlin; Moriarty, Ryan Victoria; Basuino, Mira G & Ubbelohde, Emily J [Show all 12 contributors for this article] (2020). Combining and improving phenotypic traits through the generation of synthetic two- and six-species yeast hybrids.
Dabao Sun, Lu; Kauserud, Håvard; Maurice, Sundy; Peris, David; Ravinet, Mark & Sønstebø, Jørn Henrik [Show all 7 contributors for this article] (2020). Population genomics of Trichaptum abietinum – a window into fungal speciation.
Peris, David; Alexander, William G; Fisher, Kaitlin; Moriarty, Ryan Victoria; Basuino, Mira G & Ubbelohde, Emily J [Show all 8 contributors for this article] (2020). Synthetic hybrids of six yeast species.