What you will do:
- Learn to implement simple numerical applications using OpenMP-4 on regular shared-memory CPU based systems, and gather knowledge about the differences between OpenＭP-4 and the earlier versions of OpenMP.
- Extend the above implementations to a heterogeneous system with both multicore CPUs and GPUs.
- Study the obtained performance by comparing with the well-known compiler directives OpenACC.
- Compare the obtained OpenMP-4 performance with hand-coded CPU-GPU implementation.
What you will learn:
- Advanced OpenMP programming
- Basic GPU programming
- How to use heterogeneous CPU-GPU systems
- Good (serial) programming skills
- Entrance-level knowledge of numerical methods
- A lot of courage and dedication