Operator algebras is a fast expanding area of mathematics with remarkable applications in differential geometry, dynamical systems, statistical mechanics and quantum field theory. It is at the center of new approaches to the Riemann hypothesis and the standard model, and it forms a foundation for quantum information theory.
About the group
The research of the group in operator algebras at the University of Oslo has focus on diverse applications in harmonic analysis, dynamical systems, numerical approximation of spectra, quantum information theory, wavelet theory and noncommutative geometry of quantum groups.
For the time being our seminar takes place irregularly. It can be organized as a working seminar among some of the members of the group, or it can be a guest lecture, which will be announced on our seminar-webpage.
Coming / Recent Events
- Online workshop: C*-algebras and geometry of semigroups and groups, 29-31 March 2021
- Winter school: Geometry and analysis of quantum groups December 6–10, 2021, at UiO.*
- Master class on: Equilibrium states in semigroup theory, K-theory and number theory November 4–6, 2019, at UiO.*
- Summer school and workshop: Quantum groups and their analysis July 29–August 9, 2019, at UiO.*
- Nordfjordeid summer school: Analysis, Geometry and PDE July 1–5, 2019*
- Mini-course on Duality theory for C*-crossed products by John Quigg (ASU), June 4, 7, 11, 13 and 14, 2019, at UiO.*
- Winter school on "Connes' embedding problem and quantum information theory", January 7–11, 2019, at UiO.*
*: These events were funded by the project "Pure Mathematics in Norway, 2018-2022", supported by the Trond Mohn Foundation (previously called the Bergen Research Foundation) and the Tromsø Research Foundation.