Online workshop: C*-algebras and geometry of semigroups and groups
Between 29th - 31st March 2021, we are organising an online workshop "C*-algebras and geometry of groups and semigroups", hosted by the University of Oslo. The aim of the workshop is to present recent advances in work at the boundary of these fields with potential for cross-fertilization. We plan to blend talks with moderated discussion sessions, so that real interaction between a small number of participants can happen.
Participation in the online workshop is upon invitation. A zoom-link will be sent to all participants prior to the meeting.
This workshop will bring together researchers working at the border of operator algebras and geometric or topological structures that comprise groups and semigroups. The intended audience will be diverse in regard to participation by early stage researchers and senior participants, as well as in regard to gender diversity.
The 5-day workshop is supported by the project "Pure Mathematics in Norway" (external link) of the Trond Mohn Foundation.
The workshop was initially planned for April 2021. Due to travel and other restrictions caused by the corona pandemic, we have been allowed to postpone the physical event to the spring of 2022.
Speakers in the online workshop
- Adrien le Boudec (slides of talk)
- Chris Bruce
- Ulrik Enstad (slides of talk)
- Gabriel Favre (slides of talk)
- Mario Klisse (slides of talk)
- Tim de Laat (slides of talk)
- Waltraud Lederle and Gil Goffer (slides of talk)
- Kang Li (slides of talk)
- Diego Martinez (slides of talk)
- Sam Mutter
- Piotr Nowak (slides of talk)
- Eduard Ortega
- Sanaz Pooya (slides of talk)
- Mikael de la Salle (slides of talk)
- Eduardo Scarparo (slides of talk)
- Tatiana Shulman (slides of talk)
- Adam Skalski (slides of talk)
- Alina Vdovina
The organisers: Martijn Caspers (TU Delft, The Netherlands), Nadia Larsen (University of Oslo, Norway) and Sven Raum (Stockholm University, Sweden)