A conference organised for and by master/Ph.D.-students and postdocs in operator algebras (both von Neumann and C*-algebras) and related areas, with the goal of fostering scientific and social interaction between young researchers.
The conference will feature three mini-courses by established researchers alongside many contributed talks (20 min) by participants as well as a number of social events.
The scientific activities of the conference will start on Monday morning and finish late Friday afternoon.
University of Glasgow
Chalmers University of Technology and
University of Gothenburg
University of Oslo
Conference booklet and schedule:
Registration for YMC*A 2022 is open! Please follow this link to register:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email. If you indicate that you want to contribute a talk, you will receive an additional email with information on abstract submission. If you do not receive one or any of these emails, please contact us at email@example.com.
The deadline to register and receive support for accommodation is May 31, 2022.
The deadline to apply to give a contributed talk is May 31, 2022.
The deadline to register for participation is June 30, 2022.
We can provide shared hostel rooms at Anker Apartment to a large number of participating students and postdocs.
Accommodation is possible from Sunday, August 7th, to Saturday, August 13th.
Please let us know when registering if you need accommodation.
NSF Support for US-based participants:
US-based young researchers may apply for NSF funding by filling in the form below:
The deadline to apply for NSF funding is March 11, 2022.
Questions regarding the NSF funding may be directed to Lara.Ismert@erau.edu.
There will be several events during the conference.
- Get together: On Sunday evening we want to give participants the possibility to get to know each other. We will set out into the city to get drinks. First year participants are especially welcome.
- Lightning talks: A round of lightening talks (3min) given by participants will take place on Monday afternoon.
- Reception & Pizza: On Monday evening there will be a reception with pizza.
- Mentor Network Breakfast: We invite all participants of an underrepresented gender in mathematics (e.g., cis-women, transgender, nonbinary and other gender minorities) to an informal discussion over breakfast hosted by the OA Mentor Network.
- Excursion: There will be an excursion on Tuesday afternoon. Detailed descriptions of the excursions will be announced later in the conference booklet.
- Conference Dinner: The conference dinner will take place on Wednesday evening.
- Ask Anything Sessions: A new initiative in the 2022 edition of YMC*A. This is your chance to post that question you always wanted to ask - we are almost sure there will be an expert present at the conference.
- Panel discussion on "Early Career Advise and Issues of Equity": A panel of established researchers will answer questions about their life and career as a mathematician and discuss issues of equity in mathematics.
We have collected a list of useful things to know including travel information in this Practical Guide.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct questions regarding the NSF funding to Lara.Ismert@erau.edu.