Upside-down erosion by mantle plumes
Jan. 15, 2020 7:53 AM
CEED Director Prof. Carmen Gaina has worked with colleagues to reveal how Africa is being carved from below with a new paper in Nature Communications.
Read more about this exciting study over on the CEED Blog!
Verdens verste år?
Jan. 3, 2020 3:06 PM
Historiske kilder beskriver kulde og tåke over Europa, Midt-Østen, deler av Asia. De norrøne sagaene forteller om Fimbulvinteren (den mektige vinteren) og at Fenrisulven hadde slukt sola. Hva skjedde året 536? Det tverrfaglige UiO-forskerteamet i VIKINGS vil finne ut om det kjølige klimaet gav uro, folkevandring og vikingtokt. Les mer i A-magasinet.
Sara Callegaro brings a new Young Research Talent project to CEED
Dec. 23, 2019 9:57 AM
Sara Callegaro is granted a "Young Research Talents" project from NFR (the Research Council of Norway). The research project title is MAPLES: Magma Plays with Sedimentary Rocks - Element exchange between magma, sedimentary host-rocks and environment.
Siberian Traps eruptions - even bigger than thought
Dec. 13, 2019 1:51 AM
CEED participates in the SENECA expedition to Antarctica's Dry Valleys
Dec. 6, 2019 11:03 AM
Leaving today, 6th of December, Adriano Mazzini a researcher from GEO/CEED/UIO will be part of the 35th Italian expedition to the Dry Valleys of Antartica. Permafrost in the Dry Valleys store huge amounts of greenhouse gasses.
The winner of the Else-Ragnhild Neumann award for Women in Geosciences for 2019
Nov. 25, 2019 2:19 PM
Friday 22. Nov. was the Else-Ragnhild Neumann Award for Women in Geosciences awarded for the second time. The award goes to a woman who through her Ph.D. or postdoctoral work has made a significant contribution to geoscientific research. The award is presented by CEED and the Dept. of Geosciences, UiO, and it was Andreia Plaza-Faverola, UiT, who became the award winner for 2019.
The winners of the Else-Ragnhild Neumann prize for 2018
Dec. 8, 2018 11:30 AM
CEED - titan.uio.no
- Langs dette fjellet går geologene rett ned i jordas indre Jan. 16, 2020 9:23 AM
- New piece of the puzzle added for "the Great Dying" Jan. 8, 2020 8:41 AM
- Ny bit er lagt i puslespillet om "Den store døden" Dec. 13, 2019 8:23 AM
- Thorium er Norges nasjonalgrunnstoff Sep. 20, 2019 11:02 AM
- New map of the seabed reveal more deposits than expected Sep. 5, 2019 10:33 AM
- Nytt kart over havbunnen viser mye mer avleiring enn antatt Aug. 20, 2019 2:07 PM
- – Vi er allerede gode og skal bli enda bedre! Feb. 4, 2019 10:59 PM
- Et forskerliv i stein og vulkaner Dec. 6, 2018 12:52 PM
- Hotspot-vulkanisme på Grønland: – En korridor i Nord-Atlanteren dannet vulkansk landskap Nov. 16, 2018 2:22 PM
- Større ulemper for kvinner enn menn i akademia, viser undersøkelser Nov. 9, 2018 3:01 PM