A new ancient DNA study shows that 14th century plague outbreaks might have resulted from repeated introductions of Yersinia pestis to Europe through the fur trade route.
Research units at IBV
- Aquatic Biology and Toxicology (AQUA)
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB)
- Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES)
- Genetics and Evolutionary Biology (EVOGENE)
- Section for Physiology and Cell Biology (FYSCELL)
- Centre for Computational Inference in Evolutionary Life Science (CELS)
- Centre for Integrative Microbial Evolution (CIME)
- Centre for Integrative Neuroplasticity
Centre of excellence 2007-2017:
The research at the Department of Biosciences spans from the global systems to the smallest molecule in the body. The research develop the understanding of processes in nature. This understanding is important for policy makers regarding climate and environmetal issues, to the development of better medicines and health services.