- Bruker DPX 200. Walk up instrument.
- Bruker DPX 300. Walk up instrument.
- Bruker AVII 400 is equipped with a BACS-120 automatic sample changer. Users are e-mailed automatically when an experiment is finished. All new data sets are automatically transferred to a server. The instrument has malfunctioned a year or so (2021 now) due to electronics faults and lack of funds for repairing it (125.000 NOK). The instrument will be replaced with a Bruker Avance NEO 400 late 2021. The new instrument is equipped with a 24 holder sample changer which will put strain on users to pick up their samples fast.
- Bruker AVIII HD 400 is equipped with a BACS-60 automatic sample changer. Users are e-mailed automatically when an experiment is finished. All new data sets are automatically transferred to instrument-ts.uio.no.
- The 200, 300, 400 and 400 MHz instruments and many processing PCs with various combinations of the processing softwares: Topspin 1.3, Topspin 2.1 and Topspin 3.2 are used under open access.
Ample access to certified users
- Bruker AVI 600 is equipped with a TCI cryo probe and a BACS-60 sample changer. Used for metabolomics studies, brain metabolic studies as well as ordinary organic-, medicinal-, and natural substances chemistry NMR applications.
- Maran Ultra http://www.mn.uio.no/kjemi/english/research/about/infrastructure/nmr-solid-state/maran-ultra.html 23 MHz (0.5 Tesla) instrument. The spectrometer is used for 1H - T1, T2 and T1rho studies (HR) and also used for diffusion studies.
- Bruker DRX 500. This instrument is used for all kinds of NMR spectrosopy except solid state applications.
- Bruker AVII 600 is equipped with a TCI cryo probe and a SampleCase. This instrument is is dedicated mostly to studies of biomolecules. This instrument is jointly owned by Department of Chemistry UiO (28%) and the Department of Biosciences UiO (28%) and run by cost sharing agreements with School of Pharmacy UiO (22%) and the Norwegian School of Veterinary Sciences (22 %). The use of he TCI cryo probe was discontinued 2021 due to the enormously high yearly service cost asked for by Bruker (180.000 NOK). A room temp probe is now in the magnet. Regretfully this probe does not have automatic tuning and matching (ATMA) which severely limits the number of people capable or willing to use this instrument. The instrument magnet is scheduled to be demagnetized late 2020 (When the Corona pandemic allows service personnel to enter Norway) since the magnet is consuming too much helium. We have no money for retrofitting new vacuum O-rings and re magnetizing the magnet (600.000 NOK +/- 200.000 NOK) so this instrument will be lost for our science due to lack of money.
- The time slots on DRX 500, AVI 600 and AVII 600 instruments are distributed daily by submitting wishes to the NMR Center staff by e-mail.
- Bruker AVIII HD 800 equipped with a TCI cryo probe and a temperature adjustable SampleCase will be installed from week 37 in 2015. Jointly operated with UiB and NTNU.
Published Jan. 14, 2011 3:17 PM
- Last modified June 18, 2021 9:05 AM