NAFUMA has close national and international collaborations.
- Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology (SMN)
- FME, within the Norwegian Research Centre for Solar Cell Technology
- SINTEF, within catalysis and absorbents
- Institute for Energy Technology (IFE), Kjeller, within energy materials and neutron diffraction studies
- ESRF and Swiss-Norwegian Beamline (SNBL) in Grenoble, within synchrotron studies
- Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet (NTNU) - Trondheim, collaboration on industrial Catalysis Science and Innovation (iCSI) for a competitive and sustainable process industry) which is a Centre for Research-based Innovation (SFI).
NAFUMA has good links to Norwegian and international industries (catalytic materials, battery materials, solar cell materials), and has given rise to the Baldur Coating AS spin-off Company.