Open PhD position: spatial and social coding in the brain
Oct. 5, 2021 1:04 PM
Join the team for a 3 year position as PhD candidate. The aim of the current project is to determine how social and spatial information are integrated in the hippocampus and entorhinal cortex. The candidate will use state-of-the-art electrophysiological recordings combined with optogenetic manipulations of brain activity and measurement of animal behavior.
Deadline for application: 17/10-2021
New preprint: viral vectors for in vivo calcium imaging
May 19, 2021 1:13 PM
We show that systemic injections of PHP.eB AAVs to express GECIs is a highly promising technique for imaging neural activity and circumvent the need for transgenic GECI expressing mouse lines. We also establish the use of novel soma-targeted GECIs that outperform current Ca2+ indicators using both systemic and local virus injections.
New publication: Theta oscillations are not essential for grid cell coding
May 12, 2021 4:55 PM
In order to navigate you have to keep track of direction, speed and distance. Grid cells constitute a mental map of space almost like the brains GPS. It has been suggested that rhythmic brain waves (theta oscillations) carry information about speed and direction - essential for grid cell coding.
- BRAINMATRIX - Multi-scale brain plasticity: From molecules to behaviour in life-long learning
- COBRA - Computing Brain Signals: Biophysical computations of electrical and magnetic brain signals
- DIGIBRAIN - Digital Brain: From genes to brain function in health and disease
- How dementia disrupts neuronal activity and memory recall
- Bio-inspired artificial intelligence