New preprint: viral vectors for in vivo calcium imaging
May 19, 2021 1:13 PM
We show that systemic injections of PHP.eB AAVs to express GECIs is a highly promising technique for imaging neural activity and circumvent the need for transgenic GECI expressing mouse lines. We also establish the use of novel soma-targeted GECIs that outperform current Ca2+ indicators using both systemic and local virus injections.
New publication: Theta oscillations are not essential for grid cell coding
May 12, 2021 4:55 PM
In order to navigate you have to keep track of direction, speed and distance. Grid cells constitute a mental map of space almost like the brains GPS. It has been suggested that rhythmic brain waves (theta oscillations) carry information about speed and direction - essential for grid cell coding.
- NRK artikkel om Charlottes studie av hjernens GPS (in Norwegian) Mar. 11, 2021 11:11 AM
- BRAINMATRIX - Multi-scale brain plasticity: From molecules to behaviour in life-long learning
- COBRA - Computing Brain Signals: Biophysical computations of electrical and magnetic brain signals
- DIGIBRAIN - Digital Brain: From genes to brain function in health and disease
- How dementia disrupts neuronal activity and memory recall
- Bio-inspired artificial intelligence