New NFR grant for technologydevelopment - wireless in vivo Feb. 17, 2022 11:38 AM
Wireless solutions in brain research have so far been limited by low data transmission, short recording time or bulky batteries and devices. Our objective is to develop a wireless Micro Electro-Optical system (MEMS) device for long-term, recording and manipulations of brain activity in rodents.
Best lecturer of the year: Marianne Fyhn Nov. 15, 2021 11:21 AM
Hvert år kårer Matematisk-naturvitenskapelig studentutvalg (MNSU) den beste foreleseren ved Det matematisk-naturvitenskapelige fakultet. I 2021 falt valget på professor Marianne Fyhn. Studentene sier hun er en «kunnskapsrik og engasjerende foreleser som virkelig vekker studentenes interesse for faget."
Open PhD position: spatial and social coding in the brain Oct. 5, 2021 1:04 PM
Join the team for a 3 year position as PhD candidate. The aim of the current project is to determine how social and spatial information are integrated in the hippocampus and entorhinal cortex. The candidate will use state-of-the-art electrophysiological recordings combined with optogenetic manipulations of brain activity and measurement of animal behavior.
Deadline for application: 17/10-2021
- BRAINMATRIX - Multi-scale brain plasticity: From molecules to behaviour in life-long learning
- COBRA - Computing Brain Signals: Biophysical computations of electrical and magnetic brain signals
- DIGIBRAIN - Digital Brain: From genes to brain function in health and disease
- How dementia disrupts neuronal activity and memory recall
- Bio-inspired artificial intelligence