New publication: Perineuronal nets stabilize the grid cell network
Jan. 12, 2021 2:06 PM
A reliable sense of space is essential for daily life and memory formation. Breaking down the extracellular matrix around grid cells makes the mental map unstable [ Nature Communications 11th of January, 2021].
Marie Sklodowska-Curie PhD Fellowships
Dec. 21, 2020 2:28 PM
The CompSci program at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences at the University of Oslo will recruit 32 PhD fellowship positions in two calls.
Forskning.no on memory storage and dementia
Dec. 18, 2020 3:42 PM
Read about the work of Elise Holter Thompson at Forskning.no (Norwegian only): Lagring av minner i hjernen – hva kan det si oss om demens?
- BRAINMATRIX - Multi-scale brain plasticity: From molecules to behaviour in life-long learning
- COBRA - Computing Brain Signals: Biophysical computations of electrical and magnetic brain signals
- DIGIBRAIN - Digital Brain: From genes to brain function in health and disease
- How dementia disrupts neuronal activity and memory recall
- Bio-inspired artificial intelligence