Best lecturer of the year: Marianne Fyhn
Nov. 15, 2021 11:21 AM
Hvert år kårer Matematisk-naturvitenskapelig studentutvalg (MNSU) den beste foreleseren ved Det matematisk-naturvitenskapelige fakultet. I 2021 falt valget på professor Marianne Fyhn. Studentene sier hun er en «kunnskapsrik og engasjerende foreleser som virkelig vekker studentenes interesse for faget."
Open PhD position: spatial and social coding in the brain
Oct. 5, 2021 1:04 PM
Join the team for a 3 year position as PhD candidate. The aim of the current project is to determine how social and spatial information are integrated in the hippocampus and entorhinal cortex. The candidate will use state-of-the-art electrophysiological recordings combined with optogenetic manipulations of brain activity and measurement of animal behavior.
Deadline for application: 17/10-2021
New preprint: viral vectors for in vivo calcium imaging
May 19, 2021 1:13 PM
We show that systemic injections of PHP.eB AAVs to express GECIs is a highly promising technique for imaging neural activity and circumvent the need for transgenic GECI expressing mouse lines. We also establish the use of novel soma-targeted GECIs that outperform current Ca2+ indicators using both systemic and local virus injections.
- BRAINMATRIX - Multi-scale brain plasticity: From molecules to behaviour in life-long learning
- COBRA - Computing Brain Signals: Biophysical computations of electrical and magnetic brain signals
- DIGIBRAIN - Digital Brain: From genes to brain function in health and disease
- How dementia disrupts neuronal activity and memory recall
- Bio-inspired artificial intelligence