Safety Data Sheets in Chemical database
Persons using chemicals are responsible for reading the Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) before they use the chemicals in question.
Here you will find information on how to find SDSs.
From the HSE-manual:
- All chemicals must be registered on ECOonline.
- Those who are responsible for providing chemicals for laboratory courses must ensure that the SDS are available to students and kept up to date.
- Those responsible for the preparation of auditoriums for use must provide SDS for activities that will occur in the auditorium.
Search our own chemical database
The Department of Chemistry uses EcoOnline to store SDS.
There are two ways to find SDS:
1) Simple search without login: Search SDS
2) Login to the database of your section at EcoOnline. Username and password from the section or from the HSE- Coordinator..
Links to other reference works.
Our suppliers of chemicals have searchable SDS.
Sigma-Aldrich: Search for chemical. Click on SDS in the results.
VWR: Search for chemical under "SDS".
Other supplier? Check website of company. Search for SDS.
Search on Google for SDS. Chech that the document is on a reptable website and the it is not too old.
Google: Suggested sarch strings: "SDS CHEMICAL NAME" or "SDS cas no".