All laboratories at the Department of Chemistry should have established routines for handling and sorting of waste, including hazardous waste. These procedures should be prepared in consultation with the Department's HSE coordinator. The documents below provide some general rules and guidance.
Disposal of solvent waste
Full solvent waste canisters can be delivered to the HSE coordinator at the Central Storage once a week. Follow the "SOP for disposal of solvent waste".
Time: 10:00 - 12:00
Basic rules for waste management
- General guideline for handling of hazardous laboratory waste and residue chemicals: Hazardous waste guide (02/2022)
- Laboratory chemical waste flow chart (11/2021)
- Procedures for handling of waste (02/2022)
Forms and labels
- Form for the disposal of hazardous waste and residue chemicals
- Labels for liquid laboratory waste (usage: detailed labelling of waste type; mandatory label for waste disposal)
- Labels for solid laboratory waste (usage: detailed labelling of waste type; mandatory label for waste disposal)
- Labels for laboratory waste (usage: clear labelling of the waste streams in the laboratory)